DIY Lace Votives

Monday, September 19, 2011


My DIY craft this week is super easy.  It look me about 10 minutes to make, and I love the way it turned out!  This is another craft I think you can use for your wedding, but also use at home for decoration!  It’s a lace covered votive candle!
MATERIALS NEEDED:

Votive Candle Holder
Lace/Lace Ribbon
Scissors

Thread (the same color as your lace)

Needle


DIRECTIONS:

1)      When I was purchasing the lace for this project, I went to the ribbon section of the craft store and found this ”ribbon” of lace.  It was perfect for this project because it already had the scallop at the top, and a band at the bottom.  The first step is to wrap the ribbon around the votive and cut where the pieces meet.

2)      Take the thread and sew the ends together.  It’s a little delicate because it is lace, but I just thread through the little holes in the lace.

3)      Drop the votive into the lace cylinder that you just created. and it’s ready for your centerpiece!

It’s as simple as that!  I think it adds a nice touch to the standard votive candles that you see at weddings.  Good luck!  I think anyone can do this one!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...