SHE's Crafty: Paper Accents

Monday, December 5, 2011


This week's DIY project is something I made for my sister's baby shower.  She isn't finding out the sex of her baby, so I went with an assortment of colors to brighten up the room.  I think these decorations would also work for a wedding shower, rehearsal dinner or casual wedding.  I think the paper would also set the tone for the shower or wedding.  The photo above was what inspired me- found (of course) on Pinterest.  I like to call them paper rosettes.  They're very easy to make, and I think they turned out well!

MATERIALS NEEDED:
3 pieces of (the same) 12" x 12" scrapbook paper per rosette
Hot Glue Gun
One Hole Punch
String



DIRECTIONS:
1) Take the first piece of paper and begin folding like an accordion.  I made my folds about an inch wide.  Continue folding until you reach the end of the piece of paper.  Do this to all three pieces of paper.
2) When folded down, place your finger in the middle of one piece of paper and fold it up (see photo).  Do this to all three pieces of paper.  Set them next to each other as to form a circle.
3) Take the hot glue gun and glue the sides of two of the pieces of paper together.  Continue gluing the entire circle.
4) Punch one hole in the top of the rosette and hang the string through.  Then you can mount them wherever you'd like and at various different levels.




Aren't they cute?  Perfect for a shower!  Enjoy making them, I sure did!

~ Erin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...